New Character Lex Coming to Paladins
Paladins by Hi-Rez Studios recently entered closed beta on PS4 and Xbox One, and is currently available in open beta on Steam. With an array of improvements and additions being made on a regular basis, fans of Paladins are always eager to learn more about the game's upcoming characters.
Of which, one of the most prominent figures is Paladins’ latest hero, Lex. In a brief teaser video seen below, fans caught their first glimpse of the latest gun-wielding character set to make his way into the game sometime in the near future.
Dubbed “Lex: The Hand of Justice,” the new character model is reportedly an addition to the Flank class. Which makes sense, considering his pistols mirror those used by Paladins’ other Flank member, Androxus. Lex will be introduced into Paladins through a patch known as Open Beta 46, or OB46 for short. In the patch notes posted to the official Paladins subreddit, Lex’s unique abilities were revealed, these include:
- Retribution: Marks a random target indefinitely and grants extra credit when the target is on a kill streak. Enemies who kill Lex will become his next target automatically. Combat Slide: Allows Lex to dash forward to the direction faced by the player.
- Pursuit: Rapidly fires Lex’s Magnums, hitting the nearest target deals 1,050 damage over 1.5 seconds of activation.
- The Law (Ultimate): Lex releases an eternal judgment, which instantly kills the target below the designated health threshold. Meanwhile, targets above the threshold will receive 600 damage and will be slowed for one second.
In addition to Lex’s abilities, the OB46 patch notes also revealed Lex’s three Legendary Cards:
- Heroism: Grants 25 percent attack speed for two seconds when activating Combat Slide.
- Death Hastens: Grants 40 percent additional damage to targets whose health is over 65 percent.
- Discovery: Reveals Lex’s target to the rest of the team.
There are currently 28 playable characters in Paladins, with more set to be released over the course of the 2017 calendar year. As of right now, the exact date of release for the rollout of patch OB46 has yet to be revealed. Nevertheless, it’s nice to know a new character will grace Paladins soon!
What do you think of Paladins’ latest Flank character, Lex? Let us know in the comments below.Back To Top