2018 Roadmap for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Revealed
Developer Brendan “PlayerUnknown” Greene recently revealed a 2018 roadmap for PUBG in a new blog post.
In the post, Greene lists a variety of planned updates including a new Experimental Test Server designed to grant players an opportunity to relay pre-launch feedback on content changes. Other planned additions include esports prep, animation overhauls, emotes, and new maps.
Addressing the updates schedule for 2018, Greene stated:
“This year, we’re committing to a major content delivery cycle every two months, the first of which is planned for this month. Each of these major updates will bring changes to specific systems and/or introduce new content. Smaller updates between the major ones will also continue throughout the year.”
Meanwhile, a comprehensive list of items mentioned in the 2018 roadmap include:
- New vehicles and weapons.
- New customization options, as well as parachute and weapon skins.
- Achievements, friends list, and squad voice chat availability in the main menu.
- Realistic “limb and vehicle bullet penetration,” as well as animations for entering and moving around in vehicles.
- More responsive parachuting and melee systems.
- Added detail to sounds while in vehicles and moving while armed.
- An expanded custom game system, including preset saving.
- A spectator replay system for live matches, in the hopes of improving the game’s esports viability.
- The PUBG Developer Portal, which will be composed of a technical blog, Developer API, and detailed patch notes.
Greene went on to mention that the list of planned updates for 2018 isn’t final, and that more will be introduced in the future once the team is ready to talk about it. As such, PUBG players should stay tuned for more exciting additions to the game in the months ahead.
What do you think of the items included in the 2018 roadmap for PUBG? Anything you’re looking forward to trying out in-game? Let us know your thoughts down in the comments below!Back To Top