Destiny 2 - Warlock Stormcaller Subclass Guide
The shotgun half of the shotgun melee combo may be gone from Destiny 2, but it looks like the melee half will be back as the Stormcaller is the third subclass in Destiny 2 for Warlocks. There are some significant changes however, so Taken King players might want to take a moment to reaquaint themselves with the Stormcaller third subclass in our Destiny 2 guide.
Warlock Stormcaller Subclass
Stormcaller Super Ability - Stormtrance
The Stormtrance is back as part of the Stormcaller third subclass, and it is is basically how you remember. Popping a Stormtrance will have you float around Palpatine style, electrocuting enemies nearby. The Stormcaller is similar to the Fist of Havoc, in that both are roaming supers that require you to be up close.
- Arcbolt Grenade - Arc grenade that chains damage to nearby enemies. Vex Goblins hate it.
- Pulse Grenades - The damage over time grenade for the third subclass, the Pulse Grenade will pulse damage to enemies who stand inside of it.
- Storm Grenade - Produces a focused lightning storm.
Class Ability - Rift
- Healing Rift - Hold B or Square to produce a well of light that heals you and allies standing inside of it.
- Empowering Rift - Hold B or Square to create a well of light that buffs weapon damage to everyone standing inside of it.
Jump - Glide
The famous Warlock glide might be the worst jump of the three classes, but it is the price you pay for getting to wield all that space magic.
- Strafe Glide - Strong directional control while in air.
- Burst Glide - This glide provides an initial burst of speed.
- Balanced Glide - A combination of the previous two glides, Balanced Glide has moderate speed and moderate control.
Abilities and Perks
The biggest change to the Stormcaller third subclass in Destiny 2 is the perk tree, which has been streamlined into two paths that cannot be mixed together.
Attunement of Ions
Chain Lightning - Extended Range melee that can chain damage to nearby enemies.
Transcendence - Stormtrance lasts longer and fills health if casted with full grenade and melee damage.
Arc Web - Enemies damaged by grenades will receive additional lightning damage.
Ionic Blink - Teleport during Stormtrance by clicking the left stick.
Attunement of the Elements
Gale Force - Extended range melee that charges your Stormtrance, grenade and melee.
Landfall - Calling Stormtrance produces a shockwave on the ground.
Rising Storm - Rift charges faster when standing near allies.
Arc Soul - Anyone in the rift gets an Arc Soul to use in battle.
While most subclasses seem to have a clear cut PvE and PvP option, both Warlock Stormcaller paths look good in both modes. The third warlock subclass certainly appears to be strong.
For more on Destiny 2, head over to our complete guide for everything you need to compete in Destiny 2.
Back To Top