How to enable Two-Factor Authentication and get the Boogie Down Emote in Fortnite
Epic Games is offering a free gift to any and all players who enable two-factor authentication in Fortnite. Yes, that's right, you're getting a prize for making your account safer. You do spoil us, Epic. Two-factor authentication simply means that any time you want to log into your Fortnite account from a new device, you'll receive a code to your registered mobile device that you can then enter. It's an effective way of stopping thieves from breaking into your account, and therefore well worth doing. Oh and you'll also get that new Boogie Down emote of course! Here's how to enable two-factor authentication in Fortnite.
How to enable Two-Factor Authentification
Enabling two-factor authentication is pretty simple for Fortnite. All you need is an Autheticator App on your phone 9we recommend Google Authenticator). Then just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Two-Factor Authentication page on Fortnite's website
- Log into your account
- Go to your profile and then make sure you're on the Password & Security tab
- Scroll down to the Two-Factor Authentication section
- Select Enable Authenticator App
- On your mobile, open the authenticator app
- Hit the + symbol on the app to add a new code
- Scan the QR code on the Fortnite site or enter the key listed
- Enter the code on the authenticator app into the box on the Fortnite website
- Hit activate
It's as simple as that! Though players without mobiles or anyone that'd prefer not to link them can also activate two-factor authentication via email from the site, linking their email account which will be sent a message for new logins.
Load up Fortnite after setting this up and your new Boogie Down emote should be waiting for you - great job! Now you can get back to earning those Battle Stars. Week 7's challenges arrive tomorrow, but we've already found the Pleasant Park Treasure Map location...Back To Top