Best accessories for PlayStation 4
When giving or receiving a PlayStation 4 during the holidays, you may find yourself wondering what the best accessories are for the console. While the best add-ons to pair with your new PlayStation 4 are going to be games like Spider-Man or Red Dead Redemption 2, there are other accessories to keep in mind.
For example, if you or your recipient plans on playing multiplayer titles, you may want to pick up a spare DualShock controller. Alternatively, if you got a PS4 Pro, a new 4K TV can really enhance your gaming experience. To help make your holiday shopping a little bit easier, we’ve put together a list of the best accessories for PlayStation 4!
Best Accessories for PlayStation 4
PlayStation Plus Subscription
To make use of online features, you'll want to purchase a subscription to PlayStation Plus. If you want to give it a try, there are subscriptions as short as a month. To avoid thinking about it, you can also purchase subscriptions as long as a year, meaning you won't have to continue renewing your subscription every time it expires.
Below, we've included links to where you can buy different PlayStation Plus subscriptions based on duration.
- 1-Month Subscription to PlayStation Plus - $10
- 3-Month Subscription to PlayStation Plus - $25
- 12-Month Subscription to PlayStation Plus - $60
Alternatively, you can buy gift cards to the PlayStation Store to give your recipient the chance to purchase digital
PlayStation VR Set
In addition to the PlayStation 4 console, Sony sells PlayStation VR which offers gamers a unique virtual reality experience. There are a variety of PSVR bundles available on the market that include the PSVR headset, camera, and a selection of PSVR compatible titles like Moss. If you want to give someone the full PlayStation 4 experience, you really can’t go wrong with adding a PSVR set.
For an idea on the different options available for purchase, we’ve listed some of the best PSVR sets down below!
- PlayStation VR Headset Only - $234
- PlayStation VR Bundle w/Headset and Camera (ASTRO BOT, Moss) - $280
- PlayStation VR Bundle with Headset and Motion Controllers (Borderlands 2 VR, Beat Saber) - $350
- PlayStation VR Bundle with Headset, Camera, and Motion Controllers (SUPERHOT VR, CREED: Rise to Glory) - $385
The PlayStation 4 console comes with one DualShock controller, and while this is fine if you plan on playing alone, we still recommend buying an additional controller. Why? Well, if you want to have friends over to play a multiplayer game and they don’t own a PS4, you’ll need a second controller.
Alternatively, if you plan on doing a gaming marathon where you play Spider-Man all night, you’ll eventually need to recharge your DualShock. If you have a second DualShock charged and ready to go, you can simply swap out controllers and keep playing without interruption. Lastly, the DualShock that comes bundled with the PlayStation 4 system is stock black.
With so many color variations to choose from, it can be fun to select a secondary controller that fits your style and personality. Below, we’ve listed a few different DualShock controller options in each color!
- DualShock 4 Controller for PS4 (Crystal) - $47
- DualShock 4 Controller for PS4 (Blue Camouflage) - $47
- DualShock 4 Controller for PS4 (Midnight Blue) - $50
- DualShock 4 Controller for PS4 (Copper) - $58
- DualShock 4 Controller for PS4 (Gold) - $40
- DualShock 4 Controller for PS4 (Berry Blue) - $65
- DualShock 4 Controller for PS4 (Sunset Orange) - $70
DualShock Charging Station
With the purchase of additional DualShock controllers comes the need to charge them quickly, as the PlayStation 4 only includes USB charging cables. To make the charging process easier, we recommend buying a DualShock charging station. There are a few different options available when it comes to charging your DualShock controllers.
Using these options, you can dock your controllers and set them all to charge simultaneously rather than needing to plug each one in using the USB cable setup. Wondering what charging stations are available? Below, we’ve included a few different charging station options for PlayStation 4!
- Amazon Basics DualShock 4 Charging Station for PS4 - $13
- BEBONCOOL DualShock 4 Charging Station for PS4 - $15
- ECHTPower DualShock 4 Charging Station for PS4 - $16
- Y Team DualShock4 Charging Station for PS4 - $17
- PowerA DualShock4 Charging Station for PS4 - $18
To immerse yourself in your PlayStation 4 games, you may want to add a quality gaming headset to your purchase. What’s nice about the PlayStation 4 is that, on the DualShock controllers, you’ll find a headphone jack. If you want to communicate with your friends, there are tons of headphone options for PS4 that include built-in mics as well.
With so many different headphone options out there, it can be hard to settle on the one that’s best for you or your gift recipient. To help, we’ve included a few recommended headphones to pair with your PlayStation 4!
- BlueFire Professional Headset for PS4 - $21
BENGOOG9000 Headset for PS4 - $28
- VersionTECH G2000 Headset for PS4 - $30
- Corsair HS60 Headset for PS4 - $35
- HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset for PS4 - $50
- Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset for PS4 - $65
- HyperX Cloud II Headset for PS4 - $70
- Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset for PS4 - $100
- Sony Gold Wireless Headset for PS4 - $100
- Sennheiser Game One Headset for PS4 - $120
External Drive for PS4
There are two stock storage options when buying a new PlayStation 4: 500GB and 1TB. Depending on the game, your storage can fill up rather quickly. For example, games like Red Dead Redemption 2 can take up to 90GB of storage space alone.
To avoid having to uninstall games you haven’t finished to make way for new ones, and to avoid running out of storage space in general, you may want to purchase an external drive for PS4. There are several storage options available, many offering 1TB or more of additional storage space. Wondering what external drive options to consider?
Below, we’ve included a list of recommended external drives for PlayStation 4!
- WD 2TB External Drive for PS4 - $65
SeaGate2TB Backup Slim External Drive for PS4 - $65 SeaGate2TB External Drive for PS4 - $90
- Fantom Drives 2TB External Drive for PS4 - $100
- WD 4TB External Drive for PS4 - $110
Finally, if you purchased or are receiving a PlayStation 4 Pro, you may want to upgrade to a 4K compatible TV. During the holidays, retailers generally offer discounts on 4K TVs as an incentive to shop at their location. While Black Friday has come and gone, you can still pick up a 4K TV at a relatively decent price before the holidays conclude.
With so many different brands, styles, and sizes, it can be hard to find the best 4K TV to suit your needs. To help make your holiday shopping a little bit easier, we’ve included a list of recommended 4K TVs to pair with your PlayStation 4 Pro!
- 43-inch Toshiba Fire 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $250
- 43-inch TCL Roku 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $260
- 43-inch LG UK6090 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $270
- 49-inch TCL Roku 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $300
- 50-inch Toshiba Fire 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $330
- 55-inch Insignia Fire 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $350
- 55-inch TCL Roku 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $350
- 55-inch Toshiba Fire 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $380
- 55-inch LG SK8000 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $700
- 65-inch Sharp Roku 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $600
- 65-inch Samsung NU7100 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $850
- 70-inch Vizio E-Series 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $900
- 70-inch LG UK6190 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $1,000
- 75-inch Samsung NU8000 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $1,200
- 82-inch Samsung Q6F Series 4K TV for PS4 Pro - $3,500
Again, one of the easiest things to add to your PlayStation 4 purchase is a game or two. On the cheaper end, an extra DualShock controller or headset can really round out a PlayStation 4 gift. If you’re the recipient of a new PlayStation 4, upgrading your TV or storage space can add to your gaming experience for years to come!
By reading through this guide, you should now know the best accessories for PlayStation 4.Back To Top