Vampire Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 video reveals first look at the Toreador clan
While we await a release date for the highly anticipated Vampire Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 release, Paradox Interactive continues to show off more about what the sequel will have to offer. The latest revelation gives fans a first look at a foe that can easily be underestimated, an enemy that can tailor any situation to their whim: the Toreador.
According to Paradox, "One of the largest Clans in Seattle, the Toreador's history in the emerald city runs deep. Beauty-obsessed artists and architects, poets and songwriters, these Kindred have had their hands in shaping Seattle since its pioneer days. As the historic music venues and eccentric mid-century homes make way for expensive high-rise apartment buildings, some wonder if the Clan of the Rose is fading in Seattle. Still, members of the Toreador Clan can be found perusing an art gallery downtown or revelling in a Pioneer Square nightclub, and more likely than not, hanging on the arm of someone with social, political, or cultural power."
The Toreador are dangerous because they don't need aggression to rule their enemies. A subtle whisper, a suggestion, can turn any event into one that serves their own purpose. One ability in particular helps this endeavor called Presence, which you can learn more about below:
- Awe: Strike a pose that freezes all before you in adoring wonder. For a short time after, new admirers are oblivious to anything other than what they've just witnessed.
- Entrance: Form a group of admirers around the vampire, following along and distracting nearby enemies.
- Public use of Presence abilities does not constitute a Masquerade violation.
- Unseen Storm - Dash in any direction with such speed that you momentarily disappear from view, allowing you to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has settled. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Unseen Storm.
- Accelerate - Move so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can perform stunts that, with an 80's synth track in the background, would make for an awesome movie scene. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Accelerate.
- Use of Celerity before mortals is a Masquerade violation.
You can learn even more about the Toreador in the video at the top of the article! We'll also be learning even more during E3 next month, so stay tuned!Back To Top