Are there microtransactions in Harry Potter Wizards Unite?
As a mobile game, one question many players have is whether there are microtransactions in Harry Potter Wizards Unite. Created by Niantic (who also made Pokemon GO), Harry Potter Wizards Unite can be played without ever spending a dime. However, just because you aren’t required to spend money to play doesn’t mean there aren’t options available.
To clarify what we mean, we’ve put together a quick answer to the question of whether there are microtransactions in Harry Potter Wizards Unite.
Are There Microtransactions in Harry Potter Wizards Unite?
First, yes there are microtransactions in Harry Potter Wizards Unite. Similar to Niantic’s other mobile game, Pokemon GO, there are a variety of optional microtransactions available for purchase. In Harry Potter Wizards Unite, items can be purchased from the in-game shop, Diagon Alley.
All items available for purchase can be bought with Gold which is a type of in-game currency that can be earned by completing Assignments and Achievements, or purchased in exchange for real money. Below, we’ve listed the full price breakdown for buying Gold in Harry Potter Wizards Unite.
- 80 Gold - $0.99
- 425 Gold - $4.99
- 900 Gold - $9.99
- 2,100 Gold - $19.99
- 5,400 Gold - $49.99
- 12,000 Gold - $99.99
Using Gold, you’ll be able to acquire useful items from the Diagon Alley shop in order to enhance your game. For example, you can increase your Spell Energy Capacity along with your Potions Capacity. To help you determine whether or not buying Gold is worth it, we’ve listed all items currently available for purchase in the Diagon Alley shop.
- S.O.S Kit (425 Gold, 1 Dark Detector, 50 Spell Energy, 4 Potent Exstimulo Potion) - $1.99
- Gryffindor Pride (900 Gold, Unlock Lens, Unlock Moving Sticker, 5 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir) - $9.99
- Slytherin Pride (900 Gold, Unlock Lens, Unlock Moving Sticker, 5 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir) - $9.99
- Hufflepuff Pride (900 Gold, Unlock Lens, Unlock Moving Sticker, 5 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir) - $9.99
- Ravenclaw Pride (900 Gold, Unlock Lens, Unlock Moving Sticker, 5 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir) - $9.99
- 3 Dark Detector - 325 Gold
- 4 Silver Key - 325 Gold
- Exstimulo Crate - 800 Gold
- Potion Variety Crate - 725 Crate
- 15 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir - 1,500 Gold
- 15 Dark Detector - 1,400 Gold
- Vault Extensions - 475 Gold
- Silver Key - 90 Gold
- Dark Detector - 120 Gold
- 50 Spell Energy - 100 Gold
- Spell Energy Capacity - 150 Gold
- Bag of Runestones - 40 Gold
- Baruffio’s Brain Elixir - 100 Gold
- Healing Potion - 25 Gold
- Exstimulo Potion - 25 Gold
- Strong Exstimulo Potion - 50
- Gold Potent Exstimulo Potion - 75 Gold
- Ingredients Capacity - 150 Gold
- Potions Capacity - 200 Gold
- Seeds and Water Capacity - 150 Gold
In the future, more items will likely be added to the Diagon Alley shop, all of which will be available in exchange for Gold and/or real money. Until then, the most worthwhile items will likely be those that increase your overall storage capacity. For example, Spell Energy Capacity, Vault Extensions, and Ingredients Capacity.
Keep in mind that you can earn Gold by completing Assignments and Achievements, though this will be a much slower process than purchasing Gold directly. Right now, there’s an Achievement that awards 5 Gold that requires you to cast 20 distinct Spells. With most items costing around 100 Gold, you’d need to complete 20 similar Assignments and Achievements in order to save up enough to buy anything.
Despite this, it’s nice to know that the option to quickly buy things like Spell Energy is available to anyone who might need it.
Now that you know whether there are microtransactions in Harry Potter Wizards Unite, be sure to read through some of our other guides including how to brew all Potions in Harry Potter Wizards Unite, how to return Confoundables in Harry Potter Wizards Unite, and how to open Portkeys in Harry Potter Wizards Unite.Back To Top