New Fortnite update adds Air Strikes and more Limited Time Modes
A new Fortnite update is now live on all platforms and though much smaller than the usual patches, it comes packing quite the punch. 20 missiles worth of punches, to be exact, thanks to the latest item to invade the world of battle royale: Air Strikes.
The video above shows off the latest consumable in action and man, it's definitely something new to try out. According to Epic Games:
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
Exploding missiles not necessarily your thing? That's cool, the studio also shared a new Limited Time Mode rotation for players to enjoy, including the return of Solid Gold Duos - a personal favorite:
High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! 'Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You'd better keep moving because the Storm never does.
You can learn even more about what's new with the full officail patch notes right here. As for Fortnite, the new udpate - and Air Strikes - are now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile devices. You can also learn more about what's new, including this week's challenges, with our Game Hub.Back To Top