Sigma abilities, gameplay and skins in Overwatch
The 31st Hero in the Overwatch roster, Sigma, has already caused quite a bit of a stir following his reveal. An astrophysicist who gained gravitational manipulation at the cost of a damaged mind, he’s one of the more unusual additions to the roster (he probably can’t outdo a hamster in a giant ball, mind). Sigma has now been added to the PTR, Overwatch’s public test server, letting players get to grips with his full suite of abilities. In this article we’ll take you through everything there is to know about how this new entry plays in game will a full list of Sigma abilities and skins, as well as some early gameplay footage.
Sigma abilities in Overwatch
Sigma is a new character in the Tank class. As with all Overwatch Heroes, Sigma comes with a primary weapon, three abilities and an Ultimate, all of which sound very exciting. Here are Sigma’s abilities in Overwatch:
- Primary Fire: Hyperspheres - "Launches two gravitic charges, which bounce off walls and implode after a short duration, damaging enemies within a sizable radius." A hit with two spheres deals 120 damage.
- Alternate Fire: Experimental Barrier - "Propels a floating barrier to a location of his choosing. He can dismiss the barrier at any time." The distance of the barrier is chosen by releasing alternate fire (right-click on PC). The shield has 1,500 health and recharges when retracted.
- Ability 1 (Shift): Kinetic Grasp - "Freezes incoming projectiles in midair, converting them into shields." Sigma can absorb up to 400 damage and convert it into shields.
- Ability 2 (E): Accretion - "Gathers a mass of debris and flings it at an enemy to knock them down." The distance an opponent is knocked back depends on how far the boulder is thrown.
- Ultimate Ability: Gravitic Flux - "Unleashing his full powers, Sigma takes flight, lifts enemies in a targeted area, and launches them into the sky before slamming them back down." Damage dealt is 50% of their max health.
Sigma gameplay in Overwatch
Sigma is another floating character in Overwatch, probably most similar to Zenyatta in movement and base combat thanks to his hurling of small metallic balls. As part of the reveal of Sigma, Blizzard’s Jeff Kaplan showed off the hero alongside former pro Brandon ‘Seagull’ Larned. Here’s the video showing off his abilities followed by a bit of him in action during a match:
Sigma skins in Overwatch
So far Sigma only has one skin available in the PTR, and that’s his standard outfit. It’s certainly very cool, but we’ve no doubt that there will be plenty of other skins arriving when Sigma is added to the main game in the near future. We’ve even been promised that some of his skins will include shoes! What a delight.
That’s all there is to know about the new Overwatch hero Sigma, his abilities, gameplay and skins. Are you exciting to give Sigma a go on the PTR or are you waiting for him to be added to the full game? Let us know in the comments below!Back To Top