Get The Mountaintop Pinnacle grenade launcher in Destiny 2
Of all the weapons in Destiny 2 right now, one of the worst to earn is The Mountaintop Pinnacle grenade launcher. Is one of the worst to earn. If you’re looking to get hold of this rare weapon, expect to put in plenty of time and face a lot of frustration. Fortunately it is possible to ease your journey, and in this guide we’ll teach you how to get The Mountaintop in Destiny 2. Before we jump straight into the guide, let’s take a look at The Mountaintop perks.
The Mountaintop perks
The reason all the effort to obtain The Mountaintop might be worth it is due to its perks. The lightweight frame is handy, and the number of options available is great, but it’s the micro-missile perk combined with Spike Grenades that really make The Mountaintop shine. High-damage direct hits combined with straight-line shots make The Mountaintop a monster against raid bosses. You’ll need to spend far less time lining up the parabolic shots other grenade launchers require and deal massive damage while you’re at it. Here’s the complete list of The Mountaintop perks:
- Lightweight Frame: Superb handling. Move faster with this weapon equipped.
- Hard Launch: This weapon's launch barrel is optimized for projectile speed.
- Greatly increases projectile speed
- Decreases stability
- Slightly decreases blast radius.
- Volatile Launch: This weapon is optimized for an especially explosive payload.
- Greatly increases blast radius
- Slightly decreases handling speed
- Slightly decreases projectile speed
- Spike Grenades: Grenades fired from this weapon do increased damage on direct hits.
- Increases stability
- Sticky Grenades: Grenades fired from this weapon attach on impact and detonate when enemies are in proximity.
- Rangefinder: Aiming this weapon increases its effective range and zoom magnification. Increased projectile velocity while aiming Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers.
- Micro-Missile: This weapon fires in a straight line and has a massively increased projectile speed
How to get The Mountaintop Pinnacle grenade launcher
Thanks to Shacknews for use of their image.
To get The Mountaintop Pinnacle grenade launcher in Destiny 2, you’ll need to complete a Pursuit called The Ascent. If you don’t have it already, head to Lord Shaxx in the Tower and but it from him. Once you’ve got it, you’ll need to complete four tasks. Sounds simple so far, but here’s where things get tricky. Here are the challenges you need to beat if you want to get The Mountaintop:
- First of Many: Reach a Glory Rank of Brave
- The Third Wave: Complete the In Pursuit of Honor Triumph
- No Second Chances: Reach a Glory Rank of Fabled
- An Oath Broken: Speak to Lord Shaxx
Three of the four challenges aren’t all that bad, particularly if you don’t mind working on your Glory rank. The good news is that you can complete them in any order (excluding the final, An Oath Broken step), so you can happily reach Fabled Glory Rank first if that’s what you like. Work together with a strong team and you’ll get there eventually.
The bad news is that the In Pursuit of Honor Triumph is a bit of a nightmare and will likely take you a long, long time to finish. To earn yourself the In Pursuit of Honor triumph, here’s what you’ll need to complete:
- 750 Kills with a Grenade Launcher
- 200 double kills with Grenade Launchers
- 100 Calculated Trajectory medals
That’s an awful lot of Grenade Launcher kills. There is a minor silver lining, and it’s that you’ll earn more points towards each of these targets when playing in the Crucible. If you’re not a PvP player, you may be out of luck we’re afraid. If you’re really looking to grind through this challenge, you’ll want to equip a full loadout of grenade launchers (including the Power weapon), camp the Heavy ammo spot each match, and try your best to steal kills every single time you can.
It’s far from easy and you won’t make any friends, but you will, eventually, get that Triumph complete.If you’re really having trouble earning those double kills, making use of Tether in the Mayhem mode as a Hunter is one of the best ways to earn them without actually having multiple, low-health players together. Otherwise you’re better off sticking to Quickplay or Rumble. Keep it up and earn that Triumph, then return to Lord Shaxx in the Tower to claim your reward.
That’s all there is to know about how to get The Mountaintop Pinnacle grenade launcher in Destiny 2. It’s going to take most players a crazy number of hours to earn, so all we can do is wish you the best of luck out there! If you’re after something more achievable, consider reading our guide on how to get the Tarrabah Exotic SMG in Destiny 2.Back To Top